Interesting Facts & Statistics
- Daytona Beach covers a total area of 64.93 square miles
- Daytona Beach consists of 57.8% Whites, 35.4% African Americans, 6.2% Hispanics or Latinos, and 0.6% other races
- Major corporations headquartered in Daytona Beach Include NASCAR, Sun Trust Bank, Halifax Health, and other notable companies.
- Daytona Beach has 5 local newspapers, 10 Radio Stations, and 3 TV Stations
- Daytona Beach is host to nearly 9 million tourists per year.
Events and Recreation in Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach is the Leading Spring Break Destination in the World
- Daytona 500 NASCAR Race & The Coke Zero 400 Race
- Daytona Beach Boardwalk and Pier
- Biketoberfest in October
- The Area is Home to Numerous Beaches
- Halifax Arts Festival
- Daytona Lagoon Waterpark Entertainment Center
- The Daytona Beach Film Festival
- The Manatee – Scenic Tour Boat
- Living Legends of Auto Racing Museum
- Adventure Course Zoom Air Daytona Beach Zip Line
- The Area Has Music, Art, and Community Events on a Year-Round Basis.
Daytona Beach Community Statistics
- Daytona Beach has a population of 497,597, with 200,647 households
- 63.1% of residents in Daytona Beach are childless, whereas 36.9% have children that are 18 and under
- There are 24.1% renters in Daytona Beach, compared to 75.9% of those who own their homes.
- Owner vacancy rates in Daytona Beach are 11% compared to 3% nationally
- The median age is 42.5 years old
- Median household income is $44,304, compared to $52,175 for all adult U.S. Residents
- Per capita income is $24,806 locally, compared to $27,466 for all adult U.S. Residents
- The median home value in Daytona Beach is $201,200
- 24.5% of all housing in Daytona Beach is valued at $300,000 or more
- 88% of Daytona Beach Residents have a high school diploma, and 21% of residents have a 4 year college degree.
Daytona Beach Rental Statistics
- In 2012, the average monthly rent amount in Daytona Beach was $793 per month for a single family home, and $653 for a 1 bedroom apartment.
- Daytona Beach has a low renter vacancy rate of only 11%.
- Daytona Beach Residents pay on average about 30% of their annual household income in rent.
- As of 2013, 24% of Daytona Beach residents were renters, compared to 36.98% of renters in the U.S.
- Owner average household size is 2.44 people, compared to 2.33 for renters
- The rent to price ratio in Daytona Beach is 0.4%.